Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm 11 mths old!


This is the month I enjoy the most, because I'm so aware of my surroundings now and am so able to communicate with you (if you would just try).

Ask me a question and I'll reply you with my favourite answer, coupled with a universal hand-sign, one that says 'no', 'not here', 'where' and 'don't have'. Heh! I'm also able to tell you if the food served is yummy, and I will push away everything that makes its way to my mouth if its yucky (e.g., cough mixture, flu medicine, syringe-like stuffs *coffs*). There are more words in my receptive vocab bank and the ONE word that I could understand and that's making mommie super happy is -- Mayday. Oh yes, I've learnt who they are (but I think I am more handsome than any of the five) and am able to point to where their (silly) poster is in the room.

Physically, I am so able to stand up on my own, still with support, but I'm slowly letting go of the support and trying hard to stand on my own for a few seconds. Popo thinks I'll be able to walk soon. I hope so too. Btw, I am still stuck with two teeth. Mommie uses that as an excuse and sticks to having porridge on my menu (forever). I am hoping she'll add more spice to my mundane food menu. =(

Oh, and Mommie's staying at home right now to look after me and that's the part I really enjoy, so much so that I even reject Popo's offers to carry me. I just want to be with mommie, every minute, every second :) That's why my favourite night activity now is to crawl over to her in the middle of the night, bang my head against her head (and often causing injury to her) or her tummy, and sleep ON her. I wonder why she's blaming me for the ulcers in her mouth (she says they are caused by the wounds inflicted by her teeth when iron head collides against them) when I am so affectionate in showing my love for her. *tsk tsk tsk*

It's so fast. One more month, I'm ONE!

2 comments:

Sodium-squared said...

hahahha.. so cute!! best to have mummy around right? I can't believe you know MAYDAY! hahah.. mummy must be so proud of you!

gemz said...

Ya now mommie's challenging me cognitively by telling me the names of each member in the silly band, and expecting me to remember me. So she goes, Ah sth, Ma sth, Guai sth, Shi sth, Guan sth.. den Mayday. *yawns*