Thursday, June 9, 2011

New School. New Home.

Wow! I missed the whole of May and half of June on this page.


We have all been very busy -- Mummy and Daddy were bz packing and unpacking, cleaning and cleaning. I was bz getting used to all this frenzy of activity going on - visiting furniture shops, visiting the new dusty house during renovation, visitng shops that sell taps, sinks, pipes, and visiting ikea every other week. The reno started late April and was completed when May ended. And now, we are almost ready to move in! We've shifted 90% of our things into the new house (including 8 boxes of my toys and belongings) and we'll have our first night there on Sunday. Hope it'll be a great start to our next phase of life as we live together as our own family.



June was pretty upsetting for me. Mummy tried her best to delay the start of full day childcare program for me.. so I only started in june. The first day was fantastic as I thought it was just an excursion. I didnt cry at all and had fun exploring the new environment. When it finally dawned on me that I would have to go there everyday, without Mummy, and stay there more than 8 hours and have to cramp myself with 20 over other kids in that pathetic void deck, I started wailing. As Mummy would term it, I have all the school refusing behaviours -taking my time to wake up, refusing to get changed into my uniform, refusing to put on my shoes, refusing to get into the car, refusing to get out of the car and today, I exerted my full powers -- I told Mummy straight in the face : Mummy, dont go. I dont want to go school. I could see that she's pretty moved, but alas, she's got something called the 'school refusal protocol' used by her company. And she used it on me. :( So despite crying, I still had to go to school.


-- and while I was trying to get this entry up, I developed Croup and had to go to the hospital on a thursday night at 10 pm and stay there till 1am.. and in the process, we moved too!--


2 weeks on, I am still trying to adjust to school after an episode of Croup, crying every morning and whining plus saying 'nonono' when i have to change into my uniform.


Let's hope things will get better for me in school pretty soon.

I'm also trying to adjust to my new house.. everything is pretty new -- so many rooms, such high up and all. to make myself feel safe, I stick to Mummy like a koala everywhere she goes in the house. I think this is irking her out but I dun really care and I whine the best I can so she could carry me all the while and I can feel safe.


So many changes, so many transitions. All after I turn 2. Hrmm.. 2 must be a magic number, like 5!! =)



No comments: