Mommie hasn't been able to sleep well at night. She's been 'cursed' with braxton hicks contractions, which in turn makes me uncomfortable, so I tend to kick more vigourously at night. =P Also, I am growing bigger (Dr Poon said I was 2.5kg last saturday), and so my legs are sort of kicking mommie up her ribs and somewhat making her feel breathless. Poor mommie (actually, it's poor me! Imagine being squeezed in such a dark and small space, with little room to move! I almost can't yawn and do a proper morning stretch-- erm actually sometimes I forget and I still do that, and mommie would say: Notti bb, don't do that, it's painful). Sigh.
Mommie is getting ready for my arrival too. She's washed all my clothes - old and new, and has started sunning all her winnie the pooh bears so that I could have some stuffed toys to look at (But din anyone tell her boys don't really like stuffed toys?). She's packed her hospital bag too, and it's the first time she ditched her makeup kit for a 3D2N stay away from home. Too bad mommie, but I don't think anyone would bother how you look at the hospital. I would be the star, not you =P
Anyway, I am still deciding when I shd greet the world. And mommie has been having nightmares about labour, and still contemplating if she shd just conform to the norm and have the epidural. I think she's thinking of being a new woman if she could go thru' labour naturally (duhhhh), and saving that 500 bucks on the needle so that she can get a new wallet (more duhhhhh). I think she should just go for a painfree labour and save the both of us the agony. Hehe.
Oh and she did the sums last week. In all, mommie has spent about $500 plus on maternity clothes and stuffs that a preggie needs, about $1000 on my stuffs, $1250 till now on gynae fees (excluding $600 for the antenatal package and $300 for delivery deposit). Hrmm.. I would say it's a good investment mommie. : )
So in the next weeks, mommie shall continue to shower thrice a day (at least), read more on hypnobirthing (duh), and wait for my arrival. Plus, she's gotta decide what she's going to call me. I have been refusing to respond to any of the names she's tried on me. Heh. Maybe I will give her a surprise soon!
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment