Saturday, April 18, 2009

I'm a Brave Boy! : )

Hello everyone! I am my mommie's precious little prince! This is how I look minutes after birth : )








It was a dramatizing journey for both mommie and me on April 16. The story below details how I greeted the world (may be a bit boring, but I promised mommie I would record it down so I would remember the pains she went through).
As mentioned, mommie was induced at 2.24pm. After the 10-15 and then 5 minutes apart regular contractions which could still allow her to play bejwel on facebook and talk to Jojo yiyi and godma on msn, the pain suddenly got much worse after mommie had her dinner and went outside to see my Wai Gong (who brought food for daddie!!).
At 7.54pm, mommie almost couldn't take the pain anymore (me too, cos the cord was tightening my neck almost every time the contractions came!). She screamed for Epidural -- yes she repeated 'I want Epidural! Where is my Epidural! Pain! Contraction! Pain!' (and this made me happie). The nurse checked that she was only 3 cm dilated (and the checking was painful) and she could have the Epidural. But the doctor only came at 8.35pm to give her what she wanted, and so in between, Mommie was squeezing daddies' hand real hard (and screaming very loudly too).
The Epidural was quite painful too, and it's probably the first time mommie had so many needles poked into her, had a drip put on her, and had to stay completely still while the doctor did something painful to her back. Even after the epidural, she could still feel the back pains and I could hear her shout "How come my back still hurts?!". The nurses almost couldn't be bothered with her anymore.
Dr Poon finally reappeared at 9 plus to check that mommie was almost 3-4cm (only?!). He was worried because my heartbeat was going erratic during some of the contractions. Mommie's water bag (my food bank) burst at 9 plus too..and Dr Poon requested the nurses monitor mommie for an hour.
At 1015pm, mommie was about 6cm dilated. She could hear all the nurses (about 6 of them) in the delivery suite, monitoring my heartbeat and whispering to each other. It seemed like they were preparing for an emergency c-sec (which mommie din want), though they didn't tell mommie. Mommie was shivering and shaking now, and though she was half dazed, she knew that everyone in the room was tensed and it didn't help when Dr Poon rushed in too, told her she only has half an hour more to try, and that a c-sec would be on the way if she's still not fully dilated.
Mommie and I prayed real hard. We had faith we could make it.
At 10.30pm, my heartbeat dropped drastically again. According to daddie, it dropped below 60 at a few occasions (but picked up thereafter). The other 3 nurses rushed in, together with the 3 who were already in the room, and Dr Poon rushed in too. He checked mommie the last time, and exclaimed that it was finally 10 cm and the door was open for me to come out!! Mommie couldn't believe it, so din the nurses. And within the next few minutes, I was vacummed out, with mommie trying to push for at least 5 times.
Dr Poon said it was a miracle that mommie avoided the c-sec and gave birth to me naturally. He said this twice!
Yups, we pulled through together. I told you we would, with good teamwork.
I think the nurses and Dr Poon did a great job too, so did daddie, and definitely Mommie and I : ) Well done!
And I have been a brave boy, says mommie. I am the boy who braved the cord!

No comments: