Friday, April 10, 2009

Okay, my prank wasn't really funny, cos' it caused mommie to lose a full night of sleep. She was wide awake the whole night, and now, nursing a headache (again). But I did help a little by kicking a little more vigorously last night, to let her know I am still alive. Erm...sorry for being naughty mommie.

Yes, I did kick a total of 11 times by 4pm yesterday. But granny kicked a big fuss over the risk of stillbirth (?!) and ordered daddie to give the Doc a call to see if there's any need to arrange for a csec today. Ya TODAY?! Granny went to the extent of counting which birth hour is good for me. Mommie was a bit skeptical about that. She's totally unprepared. After all, I am not totally engaged yet, and Dr Poon did mention I was still a bit on the skinny side. And remember, mommie was still very much on wanting a natural birth for me.

So after the phone call, mommie and daddie decided to stick to his recommendation of counting my kicks till the next appointment tmr, to see if it's really necessary to induce me or to undergo the op. I do hope I do a good job kicking today!

Apart from that, Granny and Daddie have also be persuading mommie to go for a c-sec instead of going for a natural delivery (which Dr Poon said was fine too, just more risky). I wonder why they would want mommie to be knived. Daddie said that would save mommie the agony of all the perineal pains and contraction pains. I think he's just afraid to see mommie scream and whine in the delivery suite.

Actually, a c-sec would be good for me cos' I needn't squeeze thru' that birth canal, risk getting caught by the cord and be deprived of oxygen, and then develop more complications. Cost is definitely not on mommie's factors for consideration. I guess she's more afraid of the wound, and future c-secs if she were to want a bro or sis for me. The op also sounds more terrible than the epidural, which she had wanted to avoid.

Sigh. I think mommie really wished she's learnt some CBT techniques so she could do some therapy on herself now and pretend that a caeserean delivery is just as fine. Poor ger!

No comments: